1. Make sure to do your shave 24hrs or wax 48hrs prior to tanning. This is important as otherwise you have that speckled look as the tan blocks up open pores.
2. Ex-foliate skin in the days leading up to applying your tan. This helps remove old tan and any dead skin cells making sure you have a clean, smooth base to apply your tan. My favourite exfoliator is Cocoa Brown Tough Stuff or else the Tan Organic Erase exfoliator Glove
4. Use a good tanning mitt – A good tanning mitt helps keep your palms tan free and ensures a smooth and even tan application. I love the He-Shi tanning mitt as so soft on the skin and is machine washable.
5. Avoid eyebrows and hairline – using a cotton bud use some Vaseline or one of my favourite cult products Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream to go around your hairline and eyebrows to make sure the tan doesn’t take there.
7. Don’t forget to tan your face – a tanned body and white face is not a good look. Some people are afraid to apply tan to their face however nowadays there are so many good face tans that’s there’s no excuse. My top face tans are:
8. To darken face, don’t layer tan instead use a good bronzer. Stay away from glittery bronzer’s, for a more natural look use a matte bronzer. One I’d highly recommend is the Benefit Hoola bronzer.
9. Use a gradual tan for a more subtle tan transformation. Some of my favourite gradual tans are below.
10. To maintain tan and ensure an even fade, gently pat skin dry after showers and make sure to moisturise skin daily.