It can be so hard trying to decide on your wedding make up artist. You want to look the best you can but with so many make up artists out there how are you to know which one to pick?
This is exactly how I felt when I started looking. So I decided to share some of my top tips and recommendations for any brides-to-be looking for a make up artist that will have you looking the best version of yourself on your big day.
Top Tips when choosing a make up artist
1. Make sure your make up artist has the necessary experience i.e has done bridal make up before and knows the dos and don’ts i.e too much SPF in the products will cause flashback ( a white face) in photos. An experienced bridal make up artist will know this.
2. Recommendations – Read reviews online or ask brides you may know to see who they would recommend.
3. Look at their past work and see if you like their style etc and make sure it fits in with your style.
4. Price – the most expensive is not always the best – make sure you get value for money.
5. Make sure your make up artist gets you and that you get along – This is so important as on your wedding day you want to be relaxed and know you are in good hands. You also want to have an artist that will keep you calm and have fun with you on the day.
6. Always do a make up trial – make sure you are happy with your look before your wedding day so that there are no unexpected surprises on the day.
7. Book as soon as you can and many make up artists get booked up a year or two in advance.
Makeup Artist Recommendations
I am getting married in November 2017 and when I was deciding on what make up artist to book, I did a lot of research and narrowed it down to my top choices. So to save some Brides-to-be out there a lot of time, check out my top make up artist recommendations.
I have booked Tara O Farrell for my wedding and I’m delighted with my choice 🙂 I have followed Tara for years on social media and love her work, her looks are always flawless. She was the first make up artist that popped into my head when I got engaged…I knew I had to book her straight away.
Tara is a blogger, professional make up artist and model and has an extremely impressive portfolio and client list, including Kim Cattrall ( Samantha from Sex and the City).
Tara is based in Dublin and seems to be great fun and down to earth. She has recently traveled up and down the country with Pippa’s Fashion Factory so you may have seen her in action if you attended any of the sold out shows.
She seems to be someone who has a laugh and keeps her brides calm on the day, which is something I think is very important. She is also getting married this year herself so understands what its like to be a bride and all the little things that go on on the morning of the wedding.
Tara did the make up for one of my best friends ( and one of my bridesmaids) Laura on her wedding day and she couldn’t recommend her highly enough. Laura looked AMAZING on her wedding day 🙂
Looking forward to lots of fun, laughter, make up and champagne with Tara on my big day 🙂
Michelle has over 10 years of experience and has a number of celebrity clients including Rosanna Davison, Nadia Forde, Samantha and Billie Faiers to name a few.
Based in Dublin, Michelle is a fantastic artist and has a huge online following that is growing every day. She has done many commercial shoots and is a regular on our TV screens on Ireland AM and Xposé.
Her portfolio is amazing and her looks are always prefect.
Danielle Mahon is one of Leinsters Leading Bridal Make Up Artists. She is Mac trained and has over 10 years of experience in the industry.
She is very much in demand and was recommended to me by a number of people. One of my best friends has booked her for her wedding and no doubt she will look amazing on her big day.
Danielle has lots of experience in bridal make up and her looks vary depending on what each individual bride wants.
Aimee is a regular on our TV screens appearing regularly on TV3’s Xposé. She has numerous years of experience in the industry and trained with Benefit, Urban Decay and Mac. She has worked on a number of editorial/magazine shoots, fashion shows and weddings.
Her most high profile wedding was Lisa Cannons wedding in September 2015, when she was flown out to Florence to do the make up for the Xposé presenter on her big day. Lisa looked absolutely gorgeous!
Her looks are amazing!
Fiona is fast becoming one of the most sought after make up artists in the country and specialises in Airbrush Airbase HD Make up. She is based in Limerick and Cork however travels nationwide.
Fiona has worked with a number of famous faces including one of my favorite business women in Ireland, Creator of Cocoa Brown, the gorgeous Marisa Carter.
Fiona is fantastic and has won awards for her bridal looks.
Hope the above helps all you bride-to-be out there 🙂